Saturday, March 1, 2008

It's a GIRL!!! (or at least it will be)

So for those of you who don't know I am 20 wks. pregnant. We had our ultrasound on Friday and I was so nervous that I almost didn't want to find out what we were having but Randy thought I was just being silly. It's not that I preferred one to the other it was just that I am worried about how another sibling will effect Lincoln and what he might do to a little person. I am sure that every mom does this with her second so I am just passing it off as normal-if it is not please, DO NOT tell me. But we were so excited when she said that it was a girl, I have always said that I want just one girl, so that when I get old and crazy and can't wipe my bum there will be someone to do it for me.
So this new little baby will be born about the middle of July. My due date is the 23 but my Dr. will take her a week early and at my next appointment will we have an official date! That means that they will be just over 2 years apart. I am so so so excited that Lincoln will have a little sister and I am sure that he will be an awesome big brother! So now that we will have one of each we might be done! No pressure for a third right?

19 comments:

Natalie said...

congratulations rachel!! that is soooo exciting

Jill said...

hooray for getting so more estrogen in this family!!! Not that it needs it. I'm so so so excited for you.

Kari said...

congratulations!! its so fun to watch siblings together. You'll love having 2

W. Nielson said...

Congrats Rachel!!! I didn't even know that you are pregnant! I am so excited for you!:)

Kim said...

Okay... I had no idea you were pregnant and I just saw you over a month ago??? I'm slightly confused....? :) :) I'm so excited for you. And now you can have all the pretty pink things you want, no hand-me-downs, just bows, frillies and fun! CONGRATULATIONS!

Angela Hill said...

congrats that's really exciting!!

Anonymous said...

As soon as she can talk I'll be sure to let her know her sole purpose in this life is to wipe your wrinkly bum-bum.

The Bentley's said...

how in the H E double hockey sticks did you keep this a secret so long!!??? I could not be more excited... TRUST me GIRLs are SOOOOOO much fun... just warn randy though you might have to take out a loan to help accesorize her?? sorry bubba it comes with the territory!! wowsers i'm happy for you!!!
p.s. wendy is probably peeing her pants with excitement right now... can you imagine the quilting she's got ahead of her to prepare for a GRANDAUGHTER??? this is spectacular!
lu lu

Castle Family said...

No, we DID NOT KNOW! Congrat's!! Oh, boy are you in for a treat ;) Be prepared for the HARDEST few months of your life in July. I love you, so I have to be honest! Hahaha! Keep us posted.

Jennica said...

Yay! This AUNT is so excited to have a little niece to spoil.... I have already gone shopping! :) hehe

Wendy said...

Yep, we are pretty excited, but I have to confess, I didn't beleive Rachel that it was a girl baby till Randy confirmed it. I had to hear it from the one that wouldn't pull my leg.

Edwards. said...

Congratulations you two! That is so exciting and girls are so much fun! You will have a blast buying all the cute girl clothes and dressing her up! I LOVE GIRLS!

Holly said...

YAY!!!!! a little baby girl, im so jelouse! lincoln will be such a cute big brother! how fun, congratulations =D

Megan said...

Congrats!!!! We are super excited for another Burr!

Mrs. O said...

So I go out of town and miss all the excitement, eh? Congratulations! And I'm sure Lincoln will love her to pieces too.

Melanie and Chauncey West said...

Good job with the secret Rach! I didn't know if you could do it! Girls are the best, I am so excited you are having one! Kates b-day is the 21st, maybe theyt could share!? I love you!

Carmen said...

Congratulations, that is Wonderful news!

Kim, Byron H & M said...

I'm am SO happy for you guys! And so impressed that you kept the secret so well-you are my hero!!

I can't wait to see how beautiful your little girl is going to be, knowing how cute lincoln is!!

Jordan said...

Congrats Rachie!! I am so excited for you. Girls are super fun and you will have so much fun with her. Love the pictures!!