Sunday, April 20, 2008

Bryce Canyon






We had an opportunity come up this week to go down to Bryce Canyon. Despite what my mother says I have not been there, and I still hold to that about Delicate Arch, show me the pictures woman! Any way we left early on Friday morning because Randy had to be there at 10:30 for a job walk thru, but after that we just explored the park. We drove through the entire thing and stopped at some of the lookouts and the we walked around on the canyon rim for a while. I must say I think Bryce Canyon has to be my favorite. It was so beautiful. As we were driving there you go thru Red Canyon and I swear that is where they got some of the scenery for the Cars movie.

We stayed at Ruby's Inn just outside the park and had a fun night swimming and watching movies and eating popcorn! On our way home we stopped at Cove Fort, it was so neat I want to go back when the weather is warmer and more of the stuff is open. We had a very fun weekend and nice family vacation!

8 comments:

Becca said...

Wow, it looks gorgeous! Sounds like a fun trip!

Wendy said...

You little world traveler, okay Utah world traveler, cool pictures. Bryce is my favorite too!

The Bentley's said...

how fun!! glad you braved it with lincoln!

The Sorenson's said...

aren't you just the little outdoorsy travelers. sounds fun i've never been to bryce canyon. i'll have to go it looks so pretty.

Becky said...

Fun. I want to go there! Hey, do you know Heather Andrus, or do you just use her as a photographer?

West Family said...

How fun! I never got to do that while we lived there...among many of the outdoor wonders!

Jennica said...

Fun pictures! I love that Emily had to push you up the mountain! :) Funny. The first time I saw Delicate Arch was in college--with my roommates. SO if Mom thinks that we went as a family---she IS smoking something! :)

Mrs. O said...

Bryce is the very best at the 4th of July - they even have their own fireworks show across from Ruby's Inn. Your pictures are making me miss Southern Utah.