Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Moab




This past week we went down to Moab with our BFF's Emily and Dustin. They have a little boy who is about 5months younger than Lincoln so they get along great. And by get along I mean that Lincoln finally has someone younger than him that he can boss around, poor Jack. We went tent camping and did everything the "old fashion" way, we didn't even use paper plates there was a toilet and as a pregnant woman that is the most important thing out there!
Emily talked us into doing a hike, for those of you who don't know us we are not big hikers. We will hike it's just not something we choose to do, Randy's idea of a hike is from his 4wheeler to the motorcycle. All kidding aside I am 24wks, and as big as the Goodyear blimp, so I thought sure we could do a little hike. Emily assured us that the hike to Delicate Arch was easy and mostly flat no big deal. The pamphlet that the ranger gave us said it was strenuous, but what do they know right? ALOT! As we were scaling the face of the sandstone I felt angels pushing me, then I turned around and saw it was Emily. That's right folks I had to be pushed up a mountain like some pathetic fat lard! We did make it and because Emily is my BFF she took pictures of me on the hike that I will BURN!
We did have tons of fun and the hike was totally worth it, I had never seen Delicate Arch before. We definitely made some really great memories!

6 comments:

Wendy said...

I'm glad you had fun, but you have been to delicate arch before , you were probally just in the trailer crying "I want to go home."

Jill said...

Your mom's comment is hilarious. that is a cute picture of you and randy. glad you had fun and you aren't even that big.

Megan said...

Good one Wendy. :) Congrats on the hike, and I am glad you had a guardian angel to save you!!!

Becca said...

Cute pictures!! It sounds like a great trip!! :) I took Braddock to see the horses the other day, but I didn't know if I was trespassing by going into that big field right by them? Can we walk right up to the fence that holds the horses in?

Tamie said...

yes...you loook so very big for 24 weeks! NOT! you look great, and beleive it (even though you see yourbody as different when you're pregnant...beleive me, i know!) look slike you guys had tons of fun!

Mrs. O said...

luv that 1st picture - you look great.